Volume Number will be preceded by a book launch for Allen at Printed Matter, Inc., 195 Tenth Avenue, on Friday, June 10, 6—8 p.m. Artists' Magazines: An Alternative Space for Art is also available online here.
Special thanks to Dia Art Foundation and Karen Kelly.
- Gwen Allen is a writer, researcher, and assistant professor of art history at San Francisco State University. Her book Artists’ Magazines: An Alternative Space for Art was published by MIT Press in March.
- Paul Chan is an artist and the founder of Badlands Unlimited.
- Angie Keefer is co-founder of The Serving Library, with David Reinfurt and Stuart Bailey, a nonprofit artists' organization rooted in a body of work initiated by Dexter Sinister’s publication Dot Dot Dot, and dedicated to publishing and archiving in a continuous loop.
- Matt Keegan is an artist who lives and works in New York. He was the co-founding editor of (North Drive Press)http://www.northdrivepress.com/, and is the co-founder of the forthcoming magazine ==, along with Susan Barber. An exhibition of Keegan's work is currently on view at D'Amelio Terras.
- David Platzker is the founder of Specific Object, “a personal venture to aggregate interesting objects in any artistic medium,” and a former director of Printed Matter, Inc. He is the curator the upcoming exhibitions "Specific Object Presents Lawrence Weiner's Printed Work from The Jean-Noël Herlin Archive," and "Robert Barry, Closed Gallery Redux––During the exhibition the gallery will be closed,” both of which are collaborations with Susan Inglett Gallery and will open this summer.
- Colby Chamberlain is a Triple Canopy senior editor and a Jacob K. Javits Fellow in the Art History Department at Columbia University.